It’s all about the sauce in this one friends.
chop the vegetables so they are rather chunky at the very least
grapeseed oil for frying
1 spanish onion, roughly chopped
9 cloves garlic, minced
2 layers of a fennel bulb, chopped
1 poblano pepper, stemmed, seeded, chopped
2 parsnips, peeled & chopped
3 carrots, peeled & chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
12 cremini mushrooms, halved or quartered
1 TB fennel seeds
1 TB coriander seeds
1 tsp black peppercorns
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp onion seeds
1/4 tsp caraway seeds
1 TB paprika
3 TB dijon mustard
1/2 C passata (pureed tomatoes)
2 TB balsamic reduction
1/2 C wine
2 C vegetable broth
1 TB basil
1 TB oregano
salt to taste
1. heat the oil. add onions and fry until they start wilting a bit
2. add garlic, fennel, and pepper. keep frying for a few minutes.
3. add the carrots and parsnips, fry for a frew minutes.
4. add the zucchini and mushrooms and fry to mix everything up.
5. mix all the seeds, peppercorns, and clove in a spice mill (coffee grinder) to form a powder. Add paprika.
6. add the powder to the vegetables, and stir to coat.
7. add the mustard, passata, vinegar, wine, and broth. mix thoroughly.
8. add the rest of the seasonings. mix it real good.
9. simmer until you’re happy with it.
10. serve on leftover rice, or whatever all else you feel like.